Computer Development Technician
B-hive are looking for a forward-thinking Applications Engineer, working as part of a team in the development (design, investigation, improvement, optimisation and validation) of projects in the portfolio.
This is a great opportunity for a fresh graduate or someone with 1-3 years’ experience in a similar role. The successful candidate will contribute to and be required to take responsibility for some of the day-to-day conduct of work packages within the scope of the project.
Your responsiblities will include:
- Define end user requirements of the system
- Research, evaluate and test technologies/methods to make recommendations on hardware for prototype and commercial system
- Design, build and lab test a prototype system to store crops based on data from current product
- Ensure that ideas and prototypes can be upscaled to a CE compliant commercial system
- Work closely with software team to develop a complete system that meets the end user requirements
- Install, commission and support real time operations
- Hands on experience with computer maintenance, sensors and other electronic components is essential
- Experience with Internet of Things (IoT) would be advantageous
- Know how to use software: MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication and organisation skills, ensuring deadlines and expectations are met, with the ability to manage own workload with minimal supervision whilst maintaining flexibility in job role.
- Full driving license and keen to travel nationally and internationally performing testing, installation and service work.
- Not afraid to think outside of the box and suggest new ideas