Be part of the future of fresh produce.
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for the position of a Technology Development Engineer within B-hive Innovations.
This is a great opening for a fresh engineering graduate or an engineer with 1 - 3 years' experience in Research and development projects. This role will provide an opportunity to be part of innovative technology development and implementation.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Define end to end system requirements based on information from the end user
- Research, develop and evaluate technologies / methods to make recommendation on hardware for prototype and commercial system
- Design, build and lab test a prototype system
- Ensure the prototype can be upscaled to a CE-compliant commercial system
- Plan and support field trials to develop a complete system that meets the end user requirements
Skills you will need:
- A minimum of higher education in Electronics or other applicable engineering speciality is essential; Bachelor's or Master's Degree and technology evaluation experience is highly favourable
- Problem solving, Research and development
- Hands-on experience working with electronic components, sensors and Internet of Things (IoT) is desirable
- Excellent organisation skills ensuring deadlines are met, with the ability to manage own workload with minimal supervision whilst maintaining flexibility in own job role
- Excellent written and verbal communication, interpersonnel and coordination skills
- Able to work to tight deadlines
- A forward thinking, can do, positive attitude and not afraid to think outside of the box and suggest new ideas
- Able to work independently and/or as part of a team
- A full driving licence will be required.