Be part of the future of fresh produce.
This is a great opportunity for a fresh graduate or someone with 1-3 years’ experience in software development. The successful candidate will contribute to and be required to take responsibility for some of the day-to-day conduct of work packages within the scope of the project.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Work with external partners to develop project solutions
- Research, evaluate and test technologies / methods to make recommendations on software for prototype and commercial systems
- Design, build software and lab test a prototype system to store crops based on data from current HarvestEye product
- Work closely with development engineer to develop a complete system that meets the end user requirements
Skills you will need:
- Educated to degree level in Computer Science or equivalent standard
- Experience of the following programming languages: Python, C++, C# and interaction with sensors / hardware operations will be required
- Ability to detect, identify and rectify issues within a system
- Experience with Internet of Things (IoT) would be advantageous
- Problem solving and mathematical skills
- Work to tight deadlines
- The ability to work independently and as part of a team